My friend, Melodee, is starting a preschool this fall. Here are some budget conscious ideas for a bedroom turned preschool.
Her original wall colors are close to this color (if I remember correctly):
She was thinking about a sagey green:
and a blue:
I think this blue would be a nice accent:
My two favorite ideas are stick with the neutral wall color and add beadboard:
accessorizing with posters, children's art work, etc.
OR have fun with stripes (found here (uh oh, I lost the link when I restarted my computer but I found it via google images, here, here):
Either way, I think these curtains are fabulous and cheery (and affordable!):
And this fabric would be fun as a tablecloth or pillows in the reading area:
Rug options (here, here, and here):
My next task is to figure out how to make a decent looking idea board on my computer without buying any additional programs, etc. :)
Monday, August 30, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
I'm loving this skirt I made for less than two dollars! I used a combo of these tutorials. I guess it would be more accurate to say I used what I could remember from these two tutorials. :)
Monday, August 23, 2010
Ansley and I in our circle skirts. (and bonus picture of Ansley) Aren't we cute? Ansley's outfit was made by Becky. I made my skirt for less than three dollars! Hooray! Any tips for hemming a circle skirt or sewing not in a straight line?
Friday, August 20, 2010
I've been trying for weeks to get a decent picture of Ansley in her new dress. This is the best I could get. I used this tutorial to save my Better than Ezra shirt from my first BTE concert on June 19, 1999. Super huge thanks to Jen for sending me her autographed ticket stub from that concert!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
I'd love to buy these curtains and use the fabric for a great dress.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Shopping the Men's Clearance Section
I found this great shirt on a recent shopping trip to buy baby food and milk. I love the colors and the lightweight material. (Lately I've been anti layering- it's much too hot). After washing and drying the shoulders and top fit perfectly. However, the boxy shape was not very flattering. I debated adding darts to the back but thought it might look funny with the pattern. As a beginning sewer, I was pretty sure I'd irreversibly mess things up if I cut the side open. I decided to finally attempt shirring and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Here's a great tutorial. I think the shirt is about 88% improved. As an awesome bonus, the shirt goes great with the circle skirt I made myself.
Here is a collection of things that tickle my fancy and/or make my life easier.
(lettuce from our garden)