Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rolls

Photobucket

Another amazing recipe from my friend Michelle.

Melt together 1/2 cup shortening (I like the butter kind), 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup milk, and 1 1/2 tsp salt. Let cool.

Mix together 2 Tbsp yeast, 1/2 cup warm water, 1 Tbsp sugar.

Beat two or three eggs. Add cooled milk mixture and frothy yeast mixture. Add four to five cups of flour. Knead well.

Place in a greased bowl. Cover, and let rise until doubled in size (bonus tip from Michelle- let it rise in the oven. I made these after baking cookies. The oven was off and had been off for about thirty minutes but was still warm).

Punch down, allow to rest ten minutes.

Shape into rolls and let rise again. (This time I added a bowl of water to the rack on the oven to keep a little bit of moisture in the oven. I should've done that the first time the rolls were rising).

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Brush with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!