Thursday, September 15, 2011

Faux Chenille Blanket

Photobucket

I am in LOVE with this blanket!! It was totally worth the hours of sewing and the blister from the hours of cutting. I'm wishing I bought more of this car fabric, since I can't find it at Joann's anymore. Oh well, at least I'm whittling down my fabric stash.

"It's so fluffy I could die!" (have you seen that movie? Love it).

Photobucket

I followed these two tutorials. Initially I cut all but the bottom layer, as instructed.

Photobucket

But a few rows in I decided I didn't like the look of the unprinted side of the car flannel so I left the bottom two layers (the car flannel and the blue) and think it's perfect.

Photobucket

The only thing that will make this blanket better is cuddling my new nephew in it! (he's not here yet).

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!