Sunday, August 18, 2013

Family Pics!

Right before our trip I got the semi-crazy idea that I wanted to take some family pictures of us in the Redwoods. Well, I guess the idea's not that crazy- the semi-crazy part was deciding I needed a new dress and Ansley needed a new shirt and skirt (that looks like a dress) b/c I wanted certain colors for the pictures.

This just might be our Christmas card picture!

family pics by replicate then deviate

family pics by replicate then deviate

family pics by replicate then deviate

family pics by replicate then deviate

Check out my platysma hahahaha. Or don't, I look weird.

family pics by replicate then deviate

This is my diplomat dress, made with a lovely lisette lawn. (yes, it's the same fabric as my lisette market shirt. And yes, I should've hoarded more b/c I love it and it's sold out at my store and online and Ansley wants a matching dress). My pattern envelope actually calls it Simplicity 0284 instead of Simplicity 1878. However I'm really liking the dress in polka dot diamonds and have that fabric in my stash. . . . I used a shiny sulky thread that matched perfectly but it kind of slid the fabric together as I was sewing and there's more puckering than I like, especially on the side seams where I added pockets (double my fault). I'm prepping another diplomat dress in a linen blend and will be using normal thread, which will hopefully eliminate the puckering. Pockets sure are nice but maybe I should try it without and see how the seams look. Anyway, I LOVE the fit and the neckline. I'm turning into a super lisette patterns fan(!) and especially like how this one doesn't feel like I'm choking (I'm a little claustrophobic around my neck) and looks nice but is so easy to wear.

simplicity 1627 by replicate then deviate

Cutest picture ever!!

simplicity 1627 by replicate then deviate

simplicity 1627 by replicate then deviate

simplicity 1627 by replicate then deviate

simplicity 1627 by replicate then deviate

Ansley's top and skirt is Simplicity 1627. The floral fabric was a great clearance find at Hancock fabrics. The polka dot was in my stash from Joann's and was going to be a Minnie Mouse dress but don't tell Ansley b/c I don't have enough left. The yellow ruffle is a kona cotton solid, which is lovely but a little too thick for the ruffle (or I should've used less length). I also tacked the ruffle to the wide straps/sleeves on each side of the straps to keep the ruffle from pulling the top down. The side zipper went in easier once I realized the zipper is supposed to zip down and not up. I found this yummy double faced satin ribbon for the back.

Tyrone's shirt and pants are from Old Navy this summer. Once in a while I do make things for him. Ansley told me she wants him to wear his "dancing clown pants" (her nickname for his pajama/lounge pants hahaha) on the blog but it might not ever happen.

Thanks to Aleah for snapping some of these pics!

1 comment:

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!