Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lollie's Brownies

the best brownies ever! Recipe from the Ekenes Family. :) I can't stop making (and eating) these. (yes, that is the smallest brownie ever and yes, it's from the third or fourth batch of brownies I've made since taking the "how-to" photos).

Photobucket

In a saucepan, melt 1 1/2 cubes butter (1 1/2 sticks or 3/4 cup butter) with 3/4 cup of cocoa on low heat, stirring frequently. Cool, if necessary.

Photobucket

In a separate bowl, beat 4 eggs and 2 cups of sugar.

Photobucket

Add cocoa mixture.

Photobucket

Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla, and a little less than 1 cup of flour.

Photobucket

Spread in a pan.

Photobucket

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.

Photobucket

Let cool a bit and enjoy! Make them every four or five days like me. Or you can turn it into trifle.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! Makes me want to get up out of this bed and make them this instant!

    Lovely pictures! They make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness emily it looks delicious! ive never made brownies from scratch, always used betty cracker box! im too lazy..

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!