Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Best Pumpkin Bread

Photobucket

Recipe from All Recipes via my friend Karen.

Ingredients:
3 cups canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 cups white sugar
6 eggs
4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves (I didn't have cloves or allspice so I just added extra nutmeg and cinnamon)
(I added mini chocolate chips (b/c Karen had chocolate chips in hers and it was so good), which I liked better than regular sized chocolate chips. Also, I didn't mind not having the cloves and chocolate mixed together)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.

(note- This recipe makes three GIANT loaves. So giant that they spilled over in my oven. I halved the recipe the second time around and it made two loaves. If I make the whole recipe again, I'll cook it in four bread pans).

3 comments:

  1. Going to try this, Emily! I woke up this morning wanting to make pumpkin bread and what did you post? Perfect timing! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this this weekend! Oh yum!

    I stumbled on your blog and just wanted to say hi :-)
    Come on over and follow my new Color Issue blog...its all about COLOR!

    xoxox,
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again!
    Just had to say that I am throwing in my third loaf this week! We LOVE it!! Thanks again for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!