Friday, October 14, 2011

Robert Redford

Photobucket

Photobucket

My family calls this the Robert Redford Dessert. I'm sure there are several other names- in fact I've heard some but can't think of any right now.

Oh and I don't actually measure anything except the flour and butter (and the cream cheese when I don't omit that layer). I've also made it with a package of banana cream pudding instead of chocolate (skipping the cream cheese layer). Sometimes I add bananas.

1 cup flour
1 stick butter
1 cup chopped nuts (opt)
1 cup whipped cream (I strongly prefer fresh whipping cream over cool whip)
1 8oz brick of cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 large package chocolate instant pudding (or, as the recipe says but I've never done, 1 small package chocolate and 1 small package vanilla instant pudding)
3 1/2 cups milk
whipped cream

1. First layer crust- 1 cup flour, 1 stick butter, nuts. Mix together. Bake in oven safe pan (I use a 9x13) 20-25 minutes at 350.

2. Second layer- 1 cup whipped cream, 1 cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar. Beat together. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate while you're mixing up the next layer.

3. Third layer- Beat together pudding package(s) and milk. Spread over second layer. Refrigerate.

4. Fourth layer- add whipped cream on top. Refrigerate. You can also add chocolate shavings or smashed oreos or whatever your little heart desires.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha.. I've never heard it called that before. But I don't really care what it's called-- I love it with any name. I could eat the whole pan! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!