Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ruffly Goodness

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yeah, this photoshoot isn't working so well with the 25 mph winds. haha.

Photobucket

Photobucket

A few weeks ago Jessica from Me Sew Crazy posted the prettiest jackets she made for her beautiful girls. I was kind of jealous and commented that I wanted one for myself. Jessica kindly replied that an ivory version would look nice and I obviously ran with it. :) Thanks Jessica! I used a bottom weight for the outer fabric b/c I wanted some more structure but I regretted it a little bit when the ruffles poofed out more than I expected at my waist
(note- bottom weight fabric was not suggested in the tutorial). but then I added a few cheater darts to the front to make it more fitted around my waist. The sleeves were narrower than expected but I can still hold Ansley and play the piano while wearing the jacket, so I consider that a success. :)

I made the adult version of Dana from Made's Can Can Skirt and love it! I was a little skeptical of the shape when I'd only sewed the skirt lining but it's wonderful to not have any extra bulk around the hips and it hangs beautifully; so beautifully that I talked Tyrone into taking more pictures out of the wind so you can see the perfect shape. I love how soft non fray chiffon is. (and I actually bought some to make a dress for Ansley. Hopefully it works).

I'll leave you with a collage of us practicing the can can:

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE the skirt!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both!! I've thought about making a can can skirt several times, and then the thought of buying all that fabric holds me back. So tell me some juicy details, how much fabric did you have to buy, and how much did it cost? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of you laughing!!! So Cute. So is the outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cancan skirt is so fun! :) i really love the non fray chiffon too! i need to order some more though-i'm running low from my cancan scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you made a grown up version of that jacket. I too saw it when she posted, but I've only been dreaming of making one for my step-daughter. Especially now that it's getting chillier here (today's 76* being an exception!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. omigosh! love the photo shoot @ the end with your lil' munchkin! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely clothes - and it looks like you have so much fun - soon your daughter will be ordering clothes from you like mine does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I'm not figuring out the part where you have time to make all of these clothes?!!! You are on fire lately! Love the pics of the two of you together - so cute. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you through the crafterhours flickr pool - I LOVE your skirt and your little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!