Friday, January 13, 2012

An Afternoon in Balboa Park

It was getting kind of dark and Ansley threw an awesome tantrum b/c we wouldn't let her push her stroller into people but we still had a fun time. I'm pretty sure there's a picture of me and my sister, Jen, by this same fountain! If my dad finds it, I'll post it. :) I wish we had more time to explore and hike some of the paths.

I made Ansley's dress using Me Sew Crazy's Julie's Dress pattern. I love the full skirt, the multiple tiers and the slit and button closure in the back. I made my own bias tape b/c I couldn't find any that matched enough. I also didn't buy anything to make this dress- everything was from my stash. The lining is from a clearanced bed sheet, bought the same time as the bed sheet I used in this dress.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I need a haircut.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Following directions to pet the bird from behind.

Photobucket

Looking for fish and turtles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't even know this path was there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to spend an afternoon...it's so pretty! And so different from the scenery we have here. Lovely! =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!