Monday, May 20, 2019

Jalie 3904 Alice V Neck Tops

jaliealice1

Hello! This is the second of three posts about the new Jalie Collection. As a Jalie Ambassador I was able to preview some of the new patterns.

I fell in love with the triangular lines of the line drawing of the Alice V Neck Top Pattern (Jalie 3904) because they were begging to be colorblocked. Ironically the first version I sewed was in a solid (and I will be sharing it in the next post with the Simone pants). I sewed the second and third ones at the same time but the second one was in one fabric also!

Jalie 3904 Alice V Neck Top is a boxy v neck top finished with a facing (and keyhole back for girls' sizes) with an optional elastic casing at the waist. There are 28 sizes and the option to print only the size(s) you need. Seam allowances are included and there are notches and other markings to make sure the right pieces are lined up properly before sewing.

I chose to sew a size O for Ansley based on her measurements. Her bust, waist, hips, and torso actually all fit into different sizes but I opted not to grade since the style is relaxed. The size O is actually right in the middle of her measurements and the size her torso is. I cut out the keyhole facing piece but wonder clipped the two facings together and had her try them on. She was able to get them over her head without any trouble so I did not sew the keyhole on hers. She is at the very top of the girls' sizes though so if Lisbon decides she wants one I will need to use the keyhole for her. I chose to sew a size Y for me based on my full bust and torso measurements (and after consulting the finished measurements chart) and did not grade in for my waist or hips.

Alice is designed for light weight fabrics with a soft hand and nice drape. Ansley readily agreed to using this chambray with printed whales that I had in The Stash for a romper (that never happened) and mine is made with remnants from my (unblogged but on instagram @replicatethendeviate) Cinema Dress and scraps from Ansley's Polina Dress (that Lisbon wore today to church!) and a bit of (I think!) rayon challis from The Stash. The pink and blue are supima cotton sateen from Joann fabrics and kind of slippery to sew (maybe because of the sheen?). They tend to fray a lot but have a nice drape. They are slightly stiffer than the white tencel and the black rayon challis but not much different in (perceived) weight. I feel like the white is the lightest and the black is the heaviest but there is minimal difference between the three different types of fabrics.

jalie alice

jalie alice

jaliealice2

jalie alice

jaliealice6

jaliealice5

jalie alice

jaliealice3

jalie alice

We quickly snapped these pictures after church and I came home and sewed the Simone Pants for Ansley as fast as I could. Luckily I finished right before a big rain storm!

In these pictures Ansley is wearing a pair of rtw pull on jeans (though I'm really wanting to try the Jalie Eleonores (which have spent years in my online cart) and I'm wearing my favorite Sandbridge Skirt (which apparently never made it to the blog either....)

jalie alice

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!