Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ansley's Birthday Weekend

My little princess is three! Since her birthday was on a Sunday, we kind of celebrated all weekend (or all week since her presents trickled in. I didn't get a picture of her opening her presents from my parents but they did send the same card as Tyrone's parents, which is cool). The only thing she requested was a cake, so I felt a little bit of pressure to make it a good one. I used this cake recipe with a few drops of food coloring (which I don't ordinarily like but I couldn't resist turning the inside of the cake pink) and a yummy buttercream frosting recipe from my friend, Karen.
I conducted a mini interview with Ansley on her actual birthday. Here are her answers:
Birthday- April
Age- 3
Favorite color- pink
Favorite animal- lion
Favorite food- porcupine meatballs, apples, and cereal
Favorite drink- lemonade
Favorite movie- Snow White (which she got for her birthday. We ordered it from Amazon and the seller said it was like new but both discs were scratched and there was a smashed chocolate chip on the back. Not cool).
Favorite song- Party Rock Anthem
Favorite thing to do- "ride my tricycle" (she also likes to color, dance, twirl, and have tea parties)
Favorite toy- George game
Favorite book- Princess book (collection of Disney princess stories)
Favorite Restaurant- Subway, Arbys, Five Guys, Cafe Rio (and Jamba Juice)
Other things about her that we think are cool:
She can find the United States, Spain, China, and India on a globe.
She can identify the following states by name on the map (and put some of them back correctly in her puzzle)- California, Utah, Washington (which is she sometimes calls "George Washington"), Idaho, Texas, Arizona, Virginia, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Alaska, and Hawaii.
She can identify and name the treble clef, bass clef, and eighth notes. She also knows how to find a "c" on the piano.
While I was waiting for her to fall asleep at (almost nonexistent nap time) she was pretending her cloths were Lightning Mcqueen and Mater.
She was talking about how her feet stick out of bed and how her head sticks out of bed and how she doesn’t like her little bed (Ned- one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish)
She told me to pretend to be Dana and she was going to pretend to be Paige.
Ansley to Tyrone, “Daddy you’re awesome for helping me look for my toy.”
She knows the names of the seven dwarfs and the Justice League members.
She knows at least eighty people by name and in many cases where they live.
And now for the pictures. Oh she was crying in once picture b/c she got hurt after she ran away with her Snow White dvd.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. that dress is sooo cute. im hoping i have a girl one day so i can make her dresses like these

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant get over the pictures, the ones of her flying, and the trees in the Eagle point park. AHH they are getting so big just like ansley, makes me a little sad.
    happy belated little ansley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love her! She is precious. Miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE her dress, the pics. You'll have to tell me how the butterfly garden turns out we were looking into getting one but think Myles might be too young to really care.

    MISSS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pictures! Love the cherry blossoms :).

    Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so so CUTE!!! Maybe tomorrow Paige and I can play 'Emily and Ansley'!!! Haha. I love her!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!