Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lace Inset Shirt

I made this shirt with an almost polka dot lace insert on the back yoke (similar here and here). I used an existing shirt for the pattern and like the fit except the bottom (which kind of flares out a little more than I like). I also figured out how to sew a scalloped stitch on my machine and it definitely did not work for the binding. The binding was all stretched out and horrible. I unpicked it and trimmed off the pieces I couldn't unpick and used a boring zigzag stitch. This time I centered the center of my zigzag in the "ditch" between the binding and shirt. Such a fun little look. I took a close up on a pair of capris I made for Ansley, which I'll post about later. I've worn this shirt almost a dozen times since making it (yeah, I'm a little behind on blogging. These banana republic jeans were a great $6 deal from goodwill and only took a little bit of hemming.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you MADE that!! It is super cute! I love the detailing on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great topstitching. i haven't been brave enough to sew with knits for myself yet:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have become one heck of a seamstress! that is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that! You have successfully added to my to make list. My husband's pocketbook thanks you.

    PS ric rac sews great in a circle. It kind of molds itself to the shape like bias tape does.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!