Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lilacs!

I love the fragrance of lilacs!! I found this fabric at Joann's, with the plan to sew up my first oliver + s pattern but then I decided I really wanted a picture of a lilac dress by a lot of lilacs, before they all blow away, so I made a dress for Ansley using Simplicity 4927; except now I'm feeling kind of bad about making a dress for Ansley's friend b/c I don't love this pattern on Ansley. It sews up easy enough and it's easy to vary but it kind of looks like a nightgown. It probably doesn't help that Ansley was not cooperative at all the day we took pictures (Mother's Day)- you can see those tears in her eyes. The light was beautiful and perfect, the lilacs were gorgeous and she wouldn't look at the camera. I thought it was a bit strange that the background color of the fabric was black, until we shot some pictures when the sun was almost set. . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Funny and creepy when you zoom in, no?

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your little girlie girl is so stinkin cute! All the pictures of her are cracking me up, she looks like such a little ham ;) and the dresses you've made for her are fabulous! So glad you commented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that last picture! It's like a head floating in a sea of lilacs!! The dress is cute, but I'm sorry you're not totally thrilled by it. What if you make a separate sash/belt? I think your daughter looks adorable in it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree with Michael so cute and wowie those flower trees are awesome. I LOVE pic 6 I'd have it blown up and made into a mural on a wall or something.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!