Monday, May 28, 2012

Cinnabon Style Cinnamon Rolls

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pre-frosting, obviously. Any tips for styling a shot with a 9x13 pan?

Photobucket

One of my friends pinned a Cinnabon recipe the other day and I was so excited to try it until I clicked on the link and the recipe required a bread maker. After a brief google search, I found a version that doesn't require a bread maker. Check out Grace from La Mia Vita Dolce's version (and gorgeous pictures and recipes). I didn't use bread flour b/c I didn't have any. I also didn't have the fancy cinnamon and the first time I made it I used dark brown sugar instead of light b/c the dark was already open. I used butter instead of margarine b/c I'm a snob. This is the BEST frosting ever. Oh and I mixed the butter and sugar and cinnamon together with my hands and estimated how to increase the filling by about 30% (I felt like I was a bit short the first time), kind of like the sugar and lemon zest in the lemon rolls.

3 comments:

  1. Those look divine! Well done, I love cinnamon rolls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is totally watering right now. So would you say these are the best cinnamon rolls you've ever made? I'd be interested in the bread machine version of the recipe if you want to share. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!