Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fashion Icon Challenge

Photobucket

(aka Project Run and Play Week Two) A few weeks ago one of my facebook friends shared a link for Persnickety Clothing and I've been a little obsessed with it. I don't have a particular fashion icon but I have a crush on dressing Ansley in boutique style clothing, without the price tag. This look is a little different than my norm (solid colors, only one print at a time) and a result of secret sewing that I haven't asked if I can blog about yet.

Photobucket

I made the shirt with simplicity 1785, view e without the back zipper and the extra sleeves, since I just bought the pattern and wanted to try it anyway. I added a placket to the front with a pleated center before binding the shirt. The shirt turned out bigger than I thought but definitely goes over Ansley's head easily and won't mess up her hair. :) (most other shirts her size require tugging to get over her head).

Photobucket

I made the tiered skirt inspired by this one that's no longer available. I used Dana from Made's Can Can skirt pattern, since I'd never tried one in Ansley's size with some adjustments (here's mine). The fabric is from Riley Blake's Bohemian Festival line. Each tier is topstiched and I added an extra row of stitching to the top elastic to keep it from twisting.

Photobucket

The ruffled leggings are probably my favorite. I used Susan from Living With Punks' Sugarplum Capri pattern, lengthened instead of shortened like my first try. The t shirt jersey knit is buttery soft and has a contrasting purple waistband. I really want to make a bunch more in thicker knits for the winter.

Photobucket

(and a reminder to myself to check my camera settings before taking the picture).

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Great job Emily. I love the outfit. I'm also super impressed that you're tackling PR A P. I always want to participate, but always find a million other things to do instead-and I was stumped with this weeks challenge. Mark my words though...I will complete at least one week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love all the fabrics you used in making her outfit. It does look very boutiquey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute Emily!!! Your little girl is growing up so fast, I can't believe it. Love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!