Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Quilt

Somehow I got it into my head that I wanted to make a quilt. Actually it started b/c my husband's biological dad made him a quilt that is on the foot of our bed. I figured I should be able to make one. At the same time, Ansley needs a lighter blanket for summer, which will eventually come. So I started small and made one for her. I have the materials to make one for us too but life has gotten pretty busy. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I really appreciate all of the advice. I love blue, but went with yellow b/c I didn't have any yellow stripes. I love the multi colored thread. Ansley even helped pick out the order. :) I used this tutorial to bind it, except I didn't hand stitch it. I love how it turned out!

It's perfect for reading and snuggling:

Photobucket

and for playing:

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the photos of Ansley playing with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm digging the yellow. I've had an urge to make a quilt too, but with it being 100+ degrees in the summer, I might delay it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!