Monday, August 22, 2011

Piano Club!

A number of years ago, one of my friends was telling me about how she and her friends had a Piano Club. I thought it was a great idea and finally started my own.

We met at one on Saturday. The night before, I had a dream that it was 1:47 and no one came. (I was also in the old house I grew up in until I was thirteen in the dream).

Anyway, I saw these little sandwiches on baguettes on Pinterest



and decided to make little club sandwiches (haha right?) I used baguettes with turkey bacon (unintentional, it was just what I had), sliced turkey (first time visiting the deli counter for meat), tomato, and lettuce from our garden. I also put out a dish of snap peas from our garden.

Photobucket

I had planned to serve cookies but burned my thumb (and a batch of cookies when I dropped them). I ended up making brownies too and was happy how they turned out, since it was the first time I used eggs from our chickens in the recipe.

We heard some great music and got to practice playing in front of other people. :)

2 comments:

  1. Piano club was great! Thanks for organizing it. The snacks were great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! If I had a piano I'd start one here! And I like those little sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!