Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ansley's Easter Dress

Photobucket

I made a pattern from one of her dresses.

Photobucket

The dress is fully lined, except for the sleeves. I used this tutorial to line the bodice and miraculously figured out how to get the sleeves in there. :)

Photobucket

I picked the blue lining b/c I liked the way it looks in Anthropologie's Wispy Cirrus Blouse. Now that I've uploaded the shirt, I remember liking the blue sash and buttons in this shirt too but it wasn't in the forefront of my brain as I was scheming up this dress. (ie I didn't intentionally mean to copy it).


Anyway, a few details. Little scallops

Photobucket

A little blue button closure

Photobucket

With a removable blue sash.

Photobucket

If I were to make it again, I'd make the scallops a little bit smaller (ie there'd be more of them and they'd be a little less tall). I clipped the seam allowance so it would lay flatter but don't like how it shows through the eyelet fabric. I chose not to clip the curves in around the neckline b/c I didn't want the jagged shape to be visible. Any tips/advice? Eyelet obviously needs to be lined. . . . I could also move the button a little more medially but I really don't like sewing buttons.

Photobucket

Happy Easter! And, as Ansley says, "Bye! See ya!"

Photobucket




Linked at this lovely party:

14 comments:

  1. That is adorable. GOOD JOB. as the other dude mentioned the pointy tails are the seller! Doesn't she have her own stylist by now? she has been modeling for a while now. HAHA J/K ansley would be cute if she were wearing a trash can on her head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! the inspiration cardigan was a great jumping off point and you really caught the essence of it! I love the scallops too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the eyelet seam allowance is quite the conundrum here. I made Gwen's blessing dress out of eyelet fabric, but the lining was white so it wasn't too obvious. Super cute dress... Gwen's going to get a store bought one this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorbs!! You did a great job, loving the eyelets and those scallops! And as always your little model is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cutie! The dress is adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute dress! I'm impressed that you took the look of the shirt and made such an adorable little dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how talented you are! Really!! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is Soooooo adorable! I LOVE the scallops and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I used to make dresses for all four of my girls, but they weren't original creations. I always used a pattern. I'm impressed you can make these up yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness you are so talented! My mom used to make me dresses when I was a little girl as well, this made me smile :) Your daughter is so beautiful by the way! Followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE it. SO cute. you should get a dress shop and make adult women's dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the scallops on the dress, great work! Your little cutie pie is so darling! Such beautiful eyes.

    Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is so cute! and your photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!