Monday, April 11, 2011

More Clothes for Ansley and Learning Opportunities

I made Ansley a dress based on Jess's Leah tunic tutorial. (can you tell it's one of my favorite blogs?) I used a really lightweight knit and fold over elastic. I need to practice those cute little gathered cap sleeves again and the neckline. I omitted the pockets b/c the knit is so lightweight. I also omitted the back buttons b/c I used knit.

Photobucket

I also made these separates from one of the dresses I bought at Walmart for a dollar. (the same time I bought this one). I reused the sleeves from one of my husband's old shirts. I think there's too much sleeve without gathering it but like the fluttery effect. Plus, the original seam stitching was too nice not to reuse. . . . I really like the twirly skirt and wish I had one for myself. I think I like the tunic and the skirt worn separately. I used this tutorial from another favorite blog for the blue fleece pants.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so the sewing is commendable...it really wows me because I don't sew. BUT, Ansley is just so dang cute!! Look at her little smile! What a perfect model :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it in the knit! so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!