Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Unbelievable Baked Boneless Chicken Wings

Photobucket

Background story-
One of my piano student's mom's is a fabulous cook. Each week, their house smells really good. Last week she was making chicken wings and she shared a secret. She uses boneless, skinless thighs b/c they're easier to eat and have more meat on them.

I took her little secret and combined it with this highly rated recipe from food.com. I tossed the chicken in three different sauces- leftover famous dave's bbq sauce for Ansley, leftover buffalo wild wings spicy garlic for Tyrone, and Frank's red hot sauce for me. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! I didn't change the cooking time to compensate for my skinless meat and they didn't seem dried out.

Ingredients

1 lb chicken wings
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup louisiana hot sauce
1 tablespoon margarine (I didn't use this)

Directions

1. Fill a large pot half way with water and then add the first 4 ingredients.
2. Bring water mixture and wings to a boil and then boil for 15 minutes.
3. Transfer wings to an oven safe container coated with cooking spray. Bake wings on "Broil" (high) for 15 minutes on each side.(For crispier wings, cook longer on each side, maybe 20 minutes per side).
4. While waiting for wings, combine the Hot Sauce and Margarine in a microwave safe container and cook in microwave for 2 minutes or until melted. (You can cook the sauce longer for a thicker sauce).
5. When wings are done, shake 'em up with the sauce and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hot wings are my favorite food, so I'm itching to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!