Thursday, April 7, 2011

Comfy Jeans

Photobucket

(yes that is snow from this morning. Grr.)

Ansley has an adorable pair of sparkly jeans from the Children's Place Outlet. The only trouble is they are really stiff and don't have any stretch. So I traced a pair of her leggings onto my a pair of my old jeans that don't fit anymore, keeping the original jeans hem and one of the original seams. The seam that I used for the outside was actually the inner seam but it looked more finished. I traced the back and front sections of the leggings with one of my new favorite sewing tools- a washable marker. The elastic waistband will make it easy for her to self dress.

So nice for lounging:

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome! And so practical. I really admire your sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using old jeans to make new things for my kids! Always use the original seam whenever possible, makes it look so much more professional! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!