Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sweet Sweatshirt!

I took a hand me down men's size large sweatshirt and made a cuter one.

Photobucket

I didn't realize that a lot of sweatshirts don't have side seams. I cut out the design and cut the sweatshirt below the sleeves. I used one of Ansley's dresses as a width guide and to trace the sleeves. I had enough material to overlap the front. I like the asymmetry and the buttons.

Photobucket

Here's the original front of the sweatshirt:

Photobucket



Linked here:

8 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. You totally need to post a tutorial on it for those of us who are not smart enough to figure it out ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes a tutorial please, especially for the sleeve part, I am still a little intimidated by sleeves. Do you think a boy could pull this off? I think the big buttons are maybe too cutesy, what could I do, brainstorm with me please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the blue and green buttons are stink'n cute. what an upgrade to that ugly sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! the big buttons are adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Ansley looks so happy to be dolled up in this cutie little sweatshirt...I would be too!! Love this!!!

    XOXO,
    Mags

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'd love to answer your questions. If your blogger profile is private (posts from no-reply@comment.blogger.com), please leave your email. Thanks!